Written for Underclub by female-owned Intuitive Nature.
Chakras are powerful spiritual energy centers within the human body located along the spine. Like the colors of the rainbow, there are seven main chakras that control the flow of energy within our bodies that represent different aspects of our mental and emotional well-being. When people talk about "unblocking" their chakras, they are actively seeking to allow this energy to flow between these centers to achieve harmony between the body, mind, and spirit. When a chakra is "blocked," it can cause adverse effects in our lives, and when they are open and flowing, we can be our best selves.
One of the best ways to unblock your chakras and achieve balance is through the use of crystals. Crystals are great conduits of healing and positive vibrational energy. Learning how to unblock your chakras with crystals is one of the easiest and most accessible ways of achieving alignment between body, mind, and spirit.
Get started on the path to using crystals to unblock your chakras with these three steps:
- Get to know each chakra, the meaning behind it, its color, and which crystals best represent that chakra in its physical form
- Identify which crystals are right for U
- Incorporate each crystal in your daily life
Get To Know Each Chakra
So what does each Chakra mean, and how do you know when and how to unblock them? As we said in the beginning, like the colors of the rainbow, seven chakras control the flow of energy within us. In fact, the seven chakras and their corresponding color correspond to the ROYGBIV acronym of our youth (now, we are not saying that each one of us is a rainbow, but each one of us is totally a rainbow!).
Here is a quick breakdown of each chakra + some of the crystals that will help you identify the rainbow within.
- ROOT CHAKRA: Your foundation. Your sense of security and stability. Your energy anchor, settling you, calming you, grounding you. Self-nurturing is the key to taking care of your body.
- COLOR: Deep Vibrant Red
- CRYSTALS: Red Jasper, Hematite, Bloodstone, Carnelian, Black Tourmaline, Smoky Quartz
- ELEMENT: EARTH
- BALANCED: power, stability, growth, focus, manifesting your dreams
- UNBALANCED: the feeling of fear, unstable, powerless
- SACRAL CHAKRA: It's time to let go and create flow. This Chakra is the central energy of sexuality, emotions, sensations, pleasure, movement, and nurturance. Fuels creativity, desires, and passions.
- COLOR: Vibrant Orange
- CRYSTALS: Sunstone, Carnelian, Snowflake Obsidian, Tigers Eye, Aragonite
- ELEMENT: WATER
- BALANCED: Creativity, joy, abundance, fulfillment
- UNBALANCED: repression, closed off, shame, creative block
- SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA: Your "gut feeling." Your independent self and key to maintaining self-acceptance. Linked to the power of the sun and our guiding force. This Chakra deals with our willpower, self-confidence, and personal freedom.
- COLOR: Yellow or Gold
- CRYSTALS: Honey Calcite, Citrine, Tiger's Eye, Pyrite, Yellow Jasper
- ELEMENT: FIRE
- BALANCED: Independence, confidence, self-assured
- UNBALANCED: depression, fearfulness, insecurity
- HEART CHAKRA: The middle Chakra connecting earth and spirit. Love for yourself and how you interact and bond with others. You are motivated by unconditional love, respect, and forgiveness.
- COLOR: Green
- CRYSTALS: Green Calcite, Rose Quartz, Emerald, Green Aventurine, Rhodonite, Green Jade, Malachite
- ELEMENT: AIR
- BALANCED: Compassion, Empathy, Respect, acceptance, and the ability to move on heal from past experiences
- UNBALANCED: Withdrawn, Unforgiving, Hypercritical, Co-Dependent
- THROAT CHAKRA: Communication, self-expression, and decision making. Increases honesty and helps you articulate feelings with clarity and confidence. Allows you to become fully aware of your inner truth.
- COLOR: Blue
- CRYSTALS: Aquamarine, Lapis Lazuli, Sodalite, Larimar, Blue Apatite, Chrysocolla
- ELEMENT: SOUND or SPACE
- BALANCED: purity, truth, self-expression, you can communicate passionately while listening to what others have to say.
- UNBALANCED: Struggling to speak up for yourself or saying more than you should, issues communicating
- THIRD EYE CHAKRA: The ability to let go of old habits and embrace newness. The third eye is connected to clairvoyance and is where the term "sixth sense" comes from as the sixth Chakra. It pertains to the way we perceive the world and wisdom and intuition.
- COLOR: Indigo
- CRYSTALS: Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, Sodalite, Azurite,
- ELEMENT: LIGHT
- BALANCED: decisive, intuition, certainty, clear self-expression
- UNBALANCED: pessimism, uncertainty, confusion, cynicism
- CROWN CHAKRA: Your connection to your spirit and the universe. It helps find unity with the world around you and understand your role.
- COLOR: Violet or White
- CRYSTALS: Clear Quartz, Selenite, Howlite, Labradorite, Moonstone
- ELEMENT: THOUGHT & SILENCE
- BALANCED: Unity, Awareness, Enlightenment
- UNBALANCED: lack of focus, off-balance, isolation
Identify Which Crystal Are Right For U
You can choose which crystal will be the physical manifestation of each of your seven chakras as described above. But there is one other quality that is important to consider when choosing the crystal that is right for you: Intuition.
One of the best ways to choose a crystal is to let your intuition guide you. You might be attracted to a stone for many different reasons. Try not to question it even if the color doesn’t “match” the chakras. In any healing practice - as in life - it is essential to listen to and be guided by your intuition.
Incorporate Each Crystal In Your Daily Life
There are many ways to surround yourself with crystals that correspond to your chakras.
- Meditate with your crystals. Place the corresponding crystal on each energy point, breathe deeply, and let the energy of the crystals work its magic. If meditation is not in your healing repertoire (yet), try placing them under your pillow.
- Decorate with crystals. Place these healing stones around different areas of your home. Not only are crystals beautiful to look at, but they can positively affect the energies in your environment.
- Wear the crystals. There are many ways to wear your healing stone. It does not need to be a fashion accessory. Wearing your crystal under your clothing brings it closer to your actual chakra and promotes more healing.
Color The Rainbow
Wearing the color(s) of your chakras can also be a power move if you feel a little unbalanced. For example, if you feel powerless and unstable, you need to focus on unblocking your root chakra; wearing red is a great way to promote those positive vibrations and bring out the strength you have within.
Like wearing the crystal itself, the closer you can bring the color to your energy centers help promote harmony from the inside out, and one of the best ways to achieve this balance is with Underclub’s Re-Energize U Luxe Chakra 3-Pack.
Recharge from within and revitalize your underwear drawer with the Re-Energize U Luxe Chakra 3-Pack featuring a trio of luxurious bottoms in a mix of sexy and soft styles.
- Grounding Love 3-pack (Garnet, Rose, Blush)
- Awakening U 3-pack (Sage, Allure Blue, Indigo)
- Higher Vibes 3-pack (Lavender, Purple, Gold)
SPECIAL OFFER UNTIL JANUARY 2022. Receive our free gift, a Limited Edition Chakra Crystal Pack from the female-owned brand, Intuitive Nature. Realign your body, mind, and spirit with this seven-stone chakra set designed to unblock the centers of spiritual power within so you can be your best self—a $35 value. Also available at Intuitive Nature.
Want to upgrade your entire top drawer with all the colors of the rainbow? Consider Underclub, a subscription-based membership created to make your life easier with gorgeous, size-inclusive, and woman-owned lingerie brands. Underclub works with female-owned partners to help empower women to feel sexy and comfortable no matter what they’re wearing (or not wearing) underneath.
Membership options include a variety of subscriptions, including our most popular offerings: underwear bottoms and bralette sets. Underclub subscribers also enjoy early access to the UC shop product launches featuring limited releases and expertly curated brands such as small female-founded Clo Intimo, Kilo Brava, Playful Promises, and more recognized designers Natori, Commando, and Blush at member-only prices. Starting at $15 a month, Underclub members can enjoy beautiful and intentionally selected underwear delivered directly to their mailbox.
When you sign up for an Underclub membership, you’ll complete a short style quiz so our stylist can match you with the best underwear for your style and figure. Once your quiz answers are submitted, sit back and get ready to start slipping into your favorite undies yet. And the best part? Underclub subscriptions renew monthly, so you never have to worry about remembering to buy new underwear again!
Ready to give your drawers a refresh? Join the Underclub today and start your style quiz.